Wow. I saw the documentary ‘Fed Up’ last weekend (two times – I’m a nerd). It is eye opening. The main topics is covers is:
- sugar and how it is added to almost all processed foods
- fast food in schools and childhood obesity
- ‘big food’s’ twisted role in government policies
- the sugar and soda industries evil plots to cover up the damaging effects of their products
- the fact that many citizens are uninformed and do not know what a healthy choice is (low-fat = more added sugar = NOT healthier)
Society’s blind trust in government as well as corporations selling products, has lead to the corporate take over of the food industry, as well as the government. This documentary is a MUST SEE for everyone but especially Americans.
My recommendation is cook at home as much as possible, when shopping, only shop around the perimeters of the grocery store, not the aisles – avoid buying processed food products (anything that comes in a box, bag, other form of packaging), boycot all sodas (not hard for me to do as I have had a life long hatred for all soda). My biggest recommendation is to see the film ! I’d love to hear what you think !